Question by Oragami Sauce: what do the different colors on the jackets of the actors in Stargate Atlantis mean?
There’s 3 or 4 colors on the jackets the actors wear (or wore?) in Stargate Atlantis…There’s yellow, blue, red, and gray (i reckon)…I reckon yellow is Medical, red is ‘admin’ (or something of the like), and blue is ‘Other Offworld’…not sure about gray.
Is there any ‘evidence’ to show what they really mean?
Answer by Morelen
Here’s something I found:
The jacket colors are their department insignia.
Yellow = medical
Black = security
Blue = sciences
Red = administration
Green = support (apparently, as Sgt. Chuck the Canadian Gate Guy is military but not security, and he wears green)
Here’s another list:
Jacket colors: Charcoal Grey, Black, Tan
- Black = Security Force (Lt Col Shepherd)
- Maroon Red = Operations (Dr Weir & Teyla)
- Blue = Sciences (Dr McKay)
- Yellow = Health Sciences (Dr Beckett)
- Forest Green = Technical Operations (Gate Room Tech)
- Grey = Special Operations (Strike Team in Season 3)
I had never really thought about it before. ^.^
Add your own answer in the comments!